Sunway Music Scholarship
- BA (Hons) Music Performance
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Contemporary Music (Audio Technology)
1. Malaysian or international students studying full-time in Sunway University undergraduate music degree programmes
2. Candidate with relevant background as below may apply:
- Music background (minimum Grade 6 or equivalent or played in the school bands) that falls under these categories:-
- String Instruments (piano, violin, viola, cello, double bass etc)
- Wind Instruments (flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, saxophone etc)
- Brass Instruments (trumpet, trombone, horn, tuba etc)
- Percussion Instruments (timpani, xylophone, marimba etc)
- Vocal background or joined the school choir
50% - 75% tuition fee deduction
- SPM/STPM/Diploma/Foundation/Matriculation certificate and relevant documents
- Identity Card
- Music certificates or other relevant documents
- Video clip of music category applied
- Complete the Online Scholarship Application Form, with the required supporting documents: https://sunway.edu.my/scholarship-app/
- Shortlisting criteria:-
- Submit a video clip of music category applied. The video clip can be recorded with handphone/camera/video camera. It does not need to be professionally done.
- Upload the video to Youtube and Upload the video to Youtube and submit the link via Online Scholarship Application
- For instrument - If you play more than one instrument (e.g. piano & violin), submit the video clip for both instruments.
- The selected song needs to be on par with your grade level e.g. if you are a Grade 8 violinist, please choose a song that is at Grade 8 level. Exam pieces are not advisable.
- For vocal - You may submit one song in any language of your choice. It has to be with accompaniment.
- Scholarship selection audition and interview will take place in Early-April and end-August.
- Only applicants shortlisted for anaudition and interview will be informed via a phone call followed by an e-mail.
- Applicants that are not shortlisted will receive an e-mail communication.
- 15th March 2023 (for April intake)
- 7th August 2023 (for September intake)
- Applicant can be Malaysian or International citizen.
- Please refer to the General Terms & Conditions that apply to all scholarships: https://www.sunway.edu.my/scholarships/terms-conditions
- The disbursement of the Scholarship will be implemented in the 1st semester of the programme.
- Scholars must perform at least 3 scheduled performances per year with music groups in the School of Arts.
- The continuity is reviewed on yearly basis subject to meeting the terms set by the institution:-
a)Scholar must maintain an overall average of CGPA 3.00 in academic grade
b)Scholar must demonstrate leadership in the assigned ensemble(s)
- To renew, scholars are required to reapply for the continuation of the scholarship through iZone on a yearly basis.