SMM Centre for Nested Entrepreneurship Doctoral Scholarship (Business)
This is a prestigious scholarship offered by Sunway University and sponsored by SMM Centre for Nested Entrepreneurship. Only two scholarships will be awarded to eligible candidates undertaking Doctor of Philosophy (Business).
The scholarship offered will cover three years of full-time study in Sunway University Business School leading to a PhD degree. The focus of the PhD research for the scholarship should be related to entrepreneurship.
Doctor of Philosophy (Business)
Candidates who meet the following criteria:
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in business with CGPA ≥ 3.25
- IELTS 7.0 / TOEFL 100 internet –based / PTE Academic 70 overall (candidates who have completed a Master’s degree or equivalent in English would have met the language requirements)
- Research topic related to entrepreneurship
- Malaysian Citizen
Note: To be eligible for the month allowance of RM3,000 awarded by Sunway University, candidates must meet the following requirements:
Eligibility Criteria for Bursary or Scholarship
|Programme||Mode of Study||Sunway Graduates*||Non-Sunway Graduates**|
|Doctor of Philosophy (Business) Entrepreneurship – related area||Full - time||CGPA ≥ 3.25 & at least one SCOPUS indexed output||Graduate of a global top 600 university (QS or THE) a CGPA ≥ 3.25 & at least two SCOPUS indexed outputs|
|Part - time||Not available||Not available|
*Includes all students from Sunway Education Group higher education institutions and Lancaster University. GPA requirement applies to the highest and/or most recent qualifying award for which CGP is given.
**GPA requirement applies to the highest and/or most recent qualifying award for which a CGP is given.
The scholarship covers full tuition fees for the standard three-year duration of studies for Doctor of Philosophy (Business).
An additional monthly allowance of RM3000 may be awarded by Sunway University to candidates who meet the Sunway University Studentship requirements. An optional internship with the SMM Centre for Nested Entrepreneurship will also be available to the
1. SMM Centre for Nested Entrepreneurship Doctoral Scholarship Application Form
2. Certified Copy of IC/ Passport (all pages including blank pages)
3. Certified Copy of Transcript and Certificate for Bachelor and/or Master’s Degree(s)
4. Documentary Evidence (if financed by scholarship/ sponsorship/ study loan)
5. Research Statement (which includes Introduction & Justification of the Study, Literature Review, Research Methodology, Proposed Research Schedule and List of References.)
6. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
1. Upon acceptance of admission to a PhD by Research degree programme at Sunway University, the candidate must complete and submit the SMM Centre for Nested Entrepreneurship Doctoral Scholarship Application Form to Research Enterprise Office (REO).
2. The completed form and required supporting documents are to be submitted to REO before the deadline. REO will review the scholarship application and coordinate the scholarship evaluation process.
3. An evaluation of the scholarship application will be conducted by a panel of reviewers from Sunway University Business School who will select and shortlist scholarship candidates for interview.
4. Shortlisted candidates will attend an interview according to the scheduled date for the final selection.
5. Letter of offer of scholarship will be given to successful candidates.
6. Candidate who are unsuccessful will be notified.
Application starts on 13th May 2019. Deadline for submission is 14th June 2019