SMM Centre for Nested Entrepreneurship Doctoral Scholarship (Business)
This is a prestigious scholarship offered by Sunway University and sponsored by SMM Centre for Nested Entrepreneurship. Only two scholarships will be awarded to eligible candidates undertaking Doctor of Philosophy (Business).
The scholarship offered will cover three years of full-time study in Sunway University Business School leading to a PhD degree. The focus of the PhD research for the scholarship should be related to entrepreneurship or business management.
The scholarship covers full tuition fees for the standard three-year duration of studies for Doctor of Philosophy (Business). Applicants who meet the requirements may also be awarded a monthly allowance of RM3000. An optional internship with the SMM Centre for Nested Entrepreneurship will also be available to the selected scholars. Applicants for the scholarship should be Malaysian citizens and meet the normal entry criteria for the Doctor of Philosophy (Business) programme.
Value of Scholarship
The PhD Studentship scholarship will cover the following:
- Registration and resource fees
- Tuition Fees
- Living allowance*
- *The living allowance covers only standard duration for a doctoral study programme as stipulated in Sunway University’s Academic Regulation and the Postgraduate Scholarship Policy. The living allowance covers active study time in Sunway University.
Doctor of Philosophy (Business)
Candidates who meet the following criteria:
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in business with CGPA ≥ 3.25
- IELTS 7.0 / TOEFL 100 internet –based / PTE Academic 70 overall (candidates who have completed a Master’s degree or equivalent in English would have met the language requirements)
- Research topic related to entrepreneurship
- Malaysian Citizen
Note: To be eligible for the month allowance of RM3,000 awarded by Sunway University, candidates must meet the following requirements:
Eligibility Criteria for Bursary or Scholarship
|Mode of Study||Sunway Graduates*||Non-Sunway Graduates**|
|Full - time||
CGPA ≥ 3.50 or Distinction or its equivalent
at least one SCOPUS indexed output OR have at least 3 years working experience in Business.
Graduate of a global top 600 university (QS or THE), CGPA ≥ 3.50 or Distinction or its equivalent
at least two SCOPUS indexed outputs OR have at least 3 years working experience in Business.
*Includes all students from Sunway Education Group higher education institutions and Lancaster University. GPA requirement applies to the highest and/or most recent qualifying award for which CGP is given.
**GPA requirement applies to the highest and/or most recent qualifying award for which a CGP is given.
How to apply?
- Upon acceptance of admission to a Doctoral by research programme at Sunway University, the candidate must complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The form may be downloaded from here: Research Services Vine / Sunway University Website Postgraduate Students
- The completed form and required supporting documents are to be submitted before the set deadline.
- An evaluation of the scholarship application will be conducted by a panel of reviewers who will select and shortlist scholarship candidates for interview.
- Shortlisted candidates will attend an interview according to the scheduled date for the final selection.
- Letter of offer of scholarship will be given to successful candidates. Candidates who are unsuccessful will be notified.
Terms & Conditions
- The scholarship is offered strictly to students who are registered full-time on the Doctor of Philosophy (Business) programme at Sunway University.
- Offer of scholarship will only be made when all documentation required for the application is provided, including official results and certificates of previous qualifications.
- Incomplete or late submissions of application will not be accepted.
- The scholarship is for a standard full‐time program duration. It will be valid for the standard three-year, full‐time study.
- The scholarship will be terminated if the candidate fails to make satisfactory progress, fails to complete the programme within three years, withdraws part way through the programme, or if his/her enrolment in the programme is terminated for any reason.
- Sunway University reserves the right to involve the scholarship recipients in interviews, advertisements, photography or other publicity-related activities for the purpose of promoting the educational institution.
- Non-compliance with any of the terms and conditions related to the relevant scholarship and with the requirement stipulated in the University’s Postgraduate Research Scholarship Policy will result in a breach of contract.
Application starts on 14th December 2020. Please refer to the table below for the deadline of the submission:
26th March 2021
30th January 2021
15th Feb 2021
25th June 2021
24th September 2021
Outcome of the application will be announced on 8th Feb 2021.