Tun Dr Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali Scholarship For Creative Arts And Music
- BA (Hons) Contemporary Music (Audio Technology)
- BA (Hons) Music Performance
1. Malaysian students studying full-time in Sunway University undergraduate music degree programmes.
2. Candidate with relevant background as below may apply:
- Music background (minimum Grade 8 or equivalent or played in the school bands) that falls under these categories:-
- String Instruments (piano, violin, viola, cello, double bass etc)
- Wind Instruments (flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, saxophone etc)
- Brass Instruments (trumpet, trombone, horn, tuba etc)
- Percussion Instruments (timpani, xylophone, marimba etc)
- Contemporary music
3. Candidate’s performing ability.
4. Candidate should have a demonstrated history of community service.
100% tuition fee deduction
1. Scholarship Application Form
2. Attach the certified true copy documents in the following order:-
- SPM/STPM/ Pre-University certificate and relevant documents
- Identity Card
- Music certificates or other relevant documents
- Video clip of music category applied
1. Scholarship Applicant Form can be obtained from:
- Student LIFE
- Admission Office
- Sunway University/ Sunway College Scholarship Website
2. Prepare the supporting documents (original and photocopy) for verification purpose
3. Shortlisting criteria:-
- Submit a video clip of music category applied. The video clip can be recorded with handphone/camera/video camera. It does not need to be professionally done.
- Upload the video to Youtube and send the link to email@example.com (with the Subject: Tun Dr Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali Scholarship For Creative Arts and Music OR Sunway Music Scholarship Application Video)
- For instrument - If you play more than one instrument (e.g. piano & violin), submit the video clip for both instruments.
- The selected song needs to be on par with your grade level e.g. if you are a Grade 8 violinist, please choose a song that is at Grade 8 level. Exam pieces are not advisable.
- For vocal - You may submit one song in any language of your choice. It has to be with accompaniment.
4. Submit the Scholarship Application Form along with supporting documents to Student LIFE within the stipulated deadline (refer to Scholarship Calendar).
5. If shortlisted, scholarship interviews will take place in March & July. During the interview, candidates will be required to perform three 1 ½ minutes pieces to be sung or performed on any instrument of their choice.
6. Only applicants shortlisted for an audition will be informed via a phone call followed by an e-mail by early of March or mid of July.
7. Applicants that are not shortlisted will receive an e-mail communication.
- 14 February 2020 (for January & March intakes)
- 19 June 2020 (for August intake)