Tun Dr Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali Scholarship For Creative Arts And Music
- BA (Hons) Contemporary Music (Audio Technology)
- BA (Hons) Music Performance
- Music background (minimum Grade 8 or equivalent or played in the school bands) that falls under these categories:-
- String Instruments (piano, violin, viola, cello, double bass etc)
- Wind Instruments (flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, saxophone etc)
- Brass Instruments (trumpet, trombone, horn, tuba etc)
- Percussion Instruments (timpani, xylophone, marimba etc)
- Contemporary music
3. Candidate’s performing ability.
4. Candidate should have a demonstrated history of community service.
100% tuition fee deduction
1. Scholarship Application Form
2. Attach the certified true copy documents in the following order:-
- SPM/STPM/ Pre-University certificate and relevant documents
- Identity Card
- Music certificates or other relevant documents
- Video clip of music category applied
- Complete the Online Scholarship Application Form, with the required supporting documents: https://sunway.edu.my/scholarship-app/
- Shortlisting criteria:-
- Submit a video clip of music category applied. The video clip can be recorded with handphone/camera/video camera. It does not need to be professionally done.
- Upload the video to Youtube and Upload the video to Youtube and submit the link via Online Scholarship Application
- For instrument - If you play more than one instrument (e.g. piano & violin), submit the video clip for both instruments.
- The selected song needs to be on par with your grade level e.g. if you are a Grade 8 violinist, please choose a song that is at Grade 8 level. Exam pieces are not advisable.
- For vocal - You may submit one song in any language of your choice. It has to be with accompaniment.
- Scholarship selection audition and interview will take place in mid-March and end-July.
- Only applicants shortlisted for an audition and interview will be informed via a phone call followed by an e-mail.
- Applicants that are not shortlisted will receive an e-mail communication.
- 1st March 2022 (for March intake)
- 15th July 2022 (for August intake)
- Applicant can be Malaysian or International citizen.
- Please refer to the General Terms & Conditions that apply to all scholarships: https://www.sunway.edu.my/scholarships/terms-conditions
- The disbursement of the Scholarship will be implemented in the 1st semester of the programme.
- It is compulsory for the recipient to perform minimum of 6 scheduled performances a year with music groups or as soloists in events organized by the School of Arts, to include the possibility of special events for the Jeffrey Cheah Foundation.
- Recipients are required to reapply for the continuation of scholarship through IZone on a yearly basis. The continuity is reviewed subject to meeting the terms set by institution: -
a)Recipient must maintain an overall average of 60% in academic grades
b)Recipient must demonstrate leadership in the assigned ensemble(s)
c)Recipient must exhibit yearly progress in performance, as evaluated by music lecturers in the School of Arts