Jeffrey Cheah Travel Grants for South-East Asia Studies at Harvard
In order to advance teaching and research by school and students of Harvard University and to support scholarly engagement on Southeast Asia with Harvard by Southeast Asia based scholars, the Jeffrey Cheah Foundation has established a continuing series of grants to support research and education-related travel to and from Malaysia and South East- Asia.
This grants will better enable members of the Harvard community to travel to South-East Asia (with Malaysia as priority) for research and study, and for scholars and practitioners on South-East Asia studies from institutions in South-East Asia to travel to Harvard to present lectures and conduct research utilizing the University’s library and museum collections and its faculties expertise.
Staff members and students from the Sunway Education Group institutions (Sunway University, Sunway Group of Colleges, Monash University Malaysia):
- Continuing staff member with at least one year of service;
- Enrolled full-time students
Return economy class airfare to US and stipend to cover basic living expenses
Applicants to submit the following to the Office Manager, Jeffrey Cheah Institute:
- Completed application form (click http://jci.edu.my/travel-grant-application-guide/ for the application form)
- A curriculum vitae including a summary of your educational and academic backgrounds as well as teaching and research experience, publications, presentations, awards, honors, affiliations and other details like interest, special projects that you have led/participated in as well as any unusual activities or achievements.
- Letter of Recommendation (to be emailed directly to: email@example.com)
1. Academic quality of the proposal;
2. Alignment of research/projects/studies with the objectives of the grant;
3. Expected outcomes of travel
April 30 for travel period Sept-mid Dec
September 30 for travel period End January – May
Jeffrey Cheah Institute on Southeast Asia
Ms Lee Chooi Yee
Tel No: 03 – 7491 8622 ext 7520