The Jeffrey Cheah Scholars-in-Residence Programme at Brasenose College, University of Oxford
In a Memorandum of Agreement, signed by Tan Sri Dr Jeffrey Cheah AO with Brasenose College, Oxford in November 2015, provision was made for the establishment in Brasenose of the Jeffrey Cheah Scholars-in-Residence programme.
Brasenose College, founded in 1509, is one of Oxford’s most prestigious colleges. The College is located in Radcliffe Square in the centre of Oxford, adjacent to the iconic Radcliffe Camera, and it has a residential annexe, Frewin Hall, also in the centre of Oxford.
The Jeffrey Cheah Scholars-in-Residence programme is open to any full time academic staff member and full time postgraduate student from the Sunway Education Group (Sunway University, Sunway College, and Monash University Malaysia).
Two (2) Scholars each year will be selected by a competitive process based on the selection criteria below:
- Academic record of the candidate
- Quality of the proposal to undertake a period as Jeffrey Cheah Scholar-in-Residence at Brasenose College.
- Expected benefit to the Scholar and to the Sunway Education Group as a result of the period as Jeffrey Cheah Scholar-in-Residence.
This prestigious programme enables two members of the Sunway Education Group (SEG) to reside in Brasenose College for a period of four weeks to undertake significant research and other academic activities using the University’s extensive libraries and laboratory facilities.
Residential accommodation is provided by Brasenose, and the period of residence must be in the University vacation periods. Only one Scholar at a time may take up residence, and, as the residence is out of term, two meals only (breakfast and lunch) are provided on Monday to Friday inclusive.
Return economy class airfare to London and train travel from London to Oxford (return). Air travel expenses will be paid by the business unit, to which the successful candidate belongs.
Scholars are issued with a Brasenose identity card which provides access to the Bodleian and other University Libraries. If it is intended that laboratory facilities will be needed, the Scholar must make arrangement for access with the appropriate University Department.
1. Completed application form (in pdf format)
2. Curriculum vitae which includes a summary of qualifications and experience, a full list of publications, presentations, awards and honours, and a description of current research and other scholarly work
3. A letter of recommendation may be included with the application if the applicant wishes to do so.
1. Applicant to submit the required documents, electronically, to Alison Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org within the set timeline.
2. Evaluation process will be conducted by panel of reviewers.
- Scholars are chosen by a selection committee chaired by the Vice-Chancellor, and the selectors’ choices are endorsed by the Principal of Brasenose.
3. Applicants will be notified of the outcome via e-mail.
- Letter of offer will be issued to successful applicants along with a set of instructions and guidelines.
To be confirmed