Sports and Recreation
If you want to play sports socially, getting fitter and healthier at SunGym or be part of a team, Sunway is the place to be for students who love sports.
The Sports Council provides opportunities for interested students to lead in the area of sports, and they are entrusted with:
- Organising sporting events (such as inter-varsity tournaments and leagues)
- Networking with sports clubs on campus to enhance the quality of activities on offer
- Organising sports clinics on a variety of subjects
Sports Volunteers have the opportunities to develop skills and gain experience by volunteering in sports events.
In order to improve individual and team-based sports, our sports team organises coaching and training for teams with skilled trainers.
Our sports team grants access to many sports and recreational facilities (subject to availability, terms and conditions apply):
- FIFA 1 Star Synthetic Football Field
- Basketball/Volleyball Courts
- Tennis Court
- Netball/ Dodgeball / Handball Court
- Jogging Track
- Squash Courts
- Olympic Sized Swimming Pool
- Table Tennis Tables
- Power Studio
- English Pool Table
- Badminton Courts
Our sports team believes in rewarding those who go the extra mile – Sports Scholarships are available for promising state and national level athletes who wish to look into furthering their sporting level, and even career.
Whether your interest is in ball games, racket sports, martial arts, track and field, aquatics, performance or even board games; there is a club for you to select.
List of Sports
Basketball Club (Men)
Basketball Club (Women)
Captain Ball Club
Table Tennis Club
Muay Thai Club
Mok Chuang Chin / Jeremy Khoo / Scott Lee