The Registry Department
Printer-friendly versionSend to friend

Student Records

The Student Records team manages administrative matters that concern students, including:

  • maintaining up-to-date student records
  • managing and updating programme/subject enrolment information
  • processing deferment/transfer/withdrawal/completion of study
  • setting academic calendar
  • issuing student ID cards
  • issuing verification letters

The Enquiry Services Counter, located at the Registry, provides a range of services:

Student ID Card

All students are issued a Student ID Card on the first day of class.

All fees in the first semester must be fully paid before you can obtain your Student ID Card.

Loss and Replacement of Student ID Card
You should let us know as soon as possible when your Student ID Card is missing.

Replacement of a card will cost you RM50.00 and can be obtained by officially submitting a request to the Enquiry Services Counter at the Registry.

If your Student ID Card or wallet is stolen and a Police Report has been made, you will be given a replacement card free of charge, providing you bring a copy of the report with you. It is necessary to bring the original copy of the Police Report for verification.

If your Student ID Card has expired while you are still continuing your study, you may request for a replacement with no additional charge.

Changing of Student Personal Details

It is your responsibility as a student to ensure that your personal details – such as your name, address, contact numbers and parents’ details/contact information are correct and up-to-date. We may not be able to contact you, or you may find wrong information printed on official documents from the College if you do not update us in a timely manner.

Where to check your details?
The information that the College has about you can be found in the student portal (iZone).

How to change your other details?
You need to complete a Change of Student Personal Details form and submit it personally to the staff at the Enquiry Services Counter in the Registry.

You may be requested to produce an official document as evidence before we can update the details. This can either be a passport or an identity card, driver license, or other official certificates.

Changing of Subject Enrolment (Add/Drop)

If you are considering changing subjects within your programme of study, you must first discuss your plan with your School. If you are unsure of whom to speak to, ask a member of staff within your School Administrative Office and they should be able to direct you to the right person.

Changing of subjects enrolled in a semester is only allowed during the first 2 weeks of the semester. This process is commonly known as “add/drop period”.

Programme Transfer

If you realise, within your current programme of study, that your interest has changed, it is possible for you to transfer (change) to another programme.

This is an important decision and it should not be taken lightly. It is essential that you understand the implications that this may have on your study and your future career. We strongly advise you to discuss your options with your School. Further help and advice are available at:

  • Information Centre (for Malaysian Students)
  • International Office (for International Students)
  • Career services

You will need to complete a Transfer form and submit it to a staff at the Enquiry Services Counter in the Registry (for Malaysian students) or at the International Office (for international students). Your Student ID Card must be returned to the College when you submit the completed form.

You will be notified about the results of your request through your iMail email account. The form is also available for download through iZone.

Leave of Absence (Deferment)

You may apply for leave for periods of absence from your studies up to a maximum period of 1 calendar year within your programme of study. Such leave of absence is normally not included in the maximum candidature of your programme.

If you are considering to apply for a leave of absence, you should discuss this matter with your School. You will then need to complete the Deferment form, available for download through iZone or obtain from Enquiry Services Counter at the Registry.

You will receive an email confirmation from Student Records once your leave of absence has been approved. It is your responsibility to report back on time to your programme of study after the approved leave of absence. If you fail to do so, you will risk your registration in the programme being withdrawn.

Leave of absence may be granted for the following reasons:

Medical reasons

  • If you have been consulting or consulted a medical specialist for your condition(s), a medical report must be submitted together with your application for leave of absence.

Financial reasons

  • If you are facing financial difficulty that requires you to take a break in your programme of study, you may write an official letter of appeal and submit it together with your application for leave of absence.

National Service

  • If you have been called for national service, you must apply for leave of absence for the duration of the service and submit a copy of your official notification letter from the national service authority with your application.
Credit Transfer or Subject Exemption

If you have subjects in your current qualifications that may be considered for credit transfer or subject exemption in the new programme, you must apply for transfer of credits or seek exemption from subjects by completing the Exemption form. Your application must be done within the first 2 weeks of the first semester of the new programme.

Certified true copies of the examination results, transcripts and certificates of your academic achievements must be submitted together with the form to the School for consideration. Your School has the authority to grant or reject any transfer of credits and exemption from subjects in the new programme.

Permanent Withdrawal

If you are considering permanently withdrawing from the College, you are strongly advised to discuss the matter with your School before completing the Withdrawal form. You must return your Student ID Card to the College when you submit the completed form.

Once your record has been updated, you will receive a confirmation through the email account given by you in the form. An official notification will also be sent to your correspondence address recorded in the student database.

Refund of Deposits (after completion or withdrawal)

Once you have successfully completed your programme of study and wish to request for a refund deposits paid in your programme, you should complete the Completion/Withdrawal form.

The refundable amount of the deposits will normally be the remaining amount after deduction of all outstanding payments (including penalties incurred during your programme of study).

You must apply within 12 months from the last day of the latest semester of your programme to be eligible for the refund of deposits.

Requesting for Statements/Letters

A College statement or letter is an official document that:

  • Confirms you as a registered student of the College.
  • Tells when you started your programme of study.
  • Tells when you are expected to complete your programme of study.

How to get a statement or letter?
If you wish to obtain any of the documents listed above, you should request in person from the Enquiry Services Counter at the Registry. When requesting for a statement or letter, you should specify the type of statement or letter you require along with other additional details. You must produce your Student ID Card to confirm your identity before any statement or letter can be issued to you.

Your School may be able to issue other forms of statement or letter. If you are an International student, you may also seek help from the International Office for other statements or letters.

The Enquiry Services Counter can be reached at the following:

Address : No. 5 Jalan Universiti, Bandar Sunway, 47500 Selangor Darul Ehsan

Helpline no. : +603 7491 8622

Download the campus map here.
We are open from Monday to Friday (except public holidays): 8.30am to 5.30pm.